*This site contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission when you buy. See my full disclosure.
Visiting Barcelona in November is a good idea.It’s cooled down a lot and is probably one of the least popular times to visit this Mediterranean city. Which means it’s a good time for you!
Why you should visit Barcelona in November
- Barcelona is a beautiful city with plenty to offer visitors throughout the year. While November may not be the peak tourist season, there are still many reasons to visit Barcelona during this time:
- Weather: November is typically a mild month in Barcelona with average temperatures ranging from 10 to 18 degrees Celsius. It’s perfect weather for exploring the city without being too hot or too cold.
- Lower crowds: November is considered low season in Barcelona, which means you’ll have fewer crowds to contend with at popular tourist attractions like the Sagrada Familia and Park Güell.
- Festivals and events: There are several festivals and events that take place in Barcelona in November, such as the Barcelona Jazz Festival, the International Short Film Festival, and the Fira de Santa Llucia Christmas Market.
- Food and drink: November is a great time to explore Barcelona’s culinary scene, with plenty of delicious food and drink options available. The city is famous for its tapas, seafood, and Catalan cuisine, so be sure to try some of the local specialties.
- Art and culture: Barcelona is home to many museums and art galleries, including the Picasso Museum, the Joan Miró Foundation, and the National Art Museum of Catalonia. November is an excellent time to explore these institutions without the crowds.
- Shopping: Barcelona is a shopper’s paradise, with everything from high-end designer stores to local boutiques and markets. November is an excellent time to do some holiday shopping and take advantage of the city’s many sales and discounts.
Overall, November is an excellent time to visit Barcelona if you want to avoid the crowds and experience the city’s rich culture, festivals, and delicious food and drink options.
Typical weather in Barcelona in November
In November, Barcelona’s climate is mild and mostly pleasant, although it can be quite variable. The temperature typically ranges from around 10°C to 18°C (50°F to 64°F) during the day, with cooler temperatures at night. It’s a good idea to bring layers, as the weather can be unpredictable and can change quickly.
November is one of the rainiest months of the year in Barcelona, with an average of 7 rainy days throughout the month. However, the rainfall is usually not heavy and is often limited to short bursts, so it’s still possible to enjoy outdoor activities during this time.
Overall, November weather in Barcelona is quite comfortable for outdoor sightseeing, exploring the city’s many attractions and museums, and enjoying the local food and culture.
Tips for dressing appropriately in Barcelona in November
What to pack in Barcelona in November
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Light jacket or sweater
- Scarf and hat
- Umbrella or raincoat
- T-shirts or short sleeve shirts
- Long sleeve shirts
- Pants or jeans
- Skirts or dresses (for warmer days)
- Cardigans or light jackets
- Comfortable socks
- Underwear and bras
- Swimwear (if you plan to visit indoor swimming pools)
- Camera or smartphone for photos
- Power bank or charger for your devices
- Adaptor plug (if needed for your electronics)
- Travel-sized toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Medications or prescriptions
- Travel documents (passport, visa, boarding passes, etc.)
Remember to pack light, as it’s easier to navigate Barcelona’s narrow streets and public transportation with a smaller, lighter suitcase or backpack.
What to do in Barcelona in November 2023
November 1, 2023: All Souls’ Day. Shops and restaurants are closed,
In-Edit Barcelona. TBD. Music documentaries are a thing of their own at the In-Edit festival. 2019’s film titles included “Gay Chorus Deep South”, “Mystifying Michael Hutchence”, and “David Bowie: Finding Fame”. Intrigued? Check it all out on the In-Edit website.
Women’s Race Barcelona. TBD. The Carrera de La Mujer happens all around Spain, and women run a 7.8-kilometer race for charity. Power to the woman!
Black Friday sales. November 24, 2023. Black Friday is now a worldwide thing, and it probably won’t go away. If you’re eyeing something to buy, know that some shops hold their own Black Friday sales like El Corte Ingles, FNAC, H&M, etc.
Festa Major de Sant Andreu. November 27, 2023 – December 8, 2023. The Festa Major de Sant Andreu closes the calendar of major festivals in the city. You can’t miss the correfoc (“fire run”) of guys dressed as devils from Sant Andreu.
What to eat in Barcelona in November
Extra travel tips for going to Barcelona in November